Android is not as straightforward as iOS so there are a few tips that may improve the speed of starting up Android Emulator.
- Launch Android SDK Manager.
- Under Android x.x.x (API y) look for Intel x86 Atom System Image and install it.
- Under extras look for Intel x86 emulator accelerator (HAXM) and install it.
- Go to ~/Library/Android/sdk/extras/intel/Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager/ and install IntelHAXM_6.0.1.dmg.
- Add a new device and make sure it uses the Intel Atom (x86) CPU and has Use GPU Host enabled.
- Test it!.
./tools/emulator -avd DEVICE_NAME -wipe-data -no-boot-anim -cpu-delay 0
./platform-tools/adb install ../Test/build/android/bin/app.apk